Sunday, November 30, 2008

Giving Thanks & Counting our Blessings....

This year Thanksgiving was with my side of the Family. We switch off every year. I was in charge of the Pomegranate Salad and a Pecan Pie. The Pomegranate Salad was a big task for me...but convenient since we have our own Pomegranate Trees.
I love Pomegranates. They are so yummy... and it reminds me of the time when I was young and we'd always pick pomegranates at my Grandpa and Grandma Leavitts house. We'd crack them open on the sidewalk and eat lots and lots of pomegranates! Artie doesn't even like them
=( (what a weirdo...he doesn't like popcorn either....another one of my favorite things =). Anyway, we always let a bunch of people come and pick some off of our trees since there are way more than we would ever eat. But this year we needed a bunch since I was making the pomegranate salad for about 40 people! The kids had fun helping me pick them...... I shelled pomegranates for 2 days..... the kids helped me a little bit....Ammon loves pomegranates... he would try and just take a bite out of it like an apple =). Then while I was shelling them he would stick his hand in the bowl and take a fist full and try to shove them all in his mouth.... he then would go after the ones that fell on the ground. When he got full he would start throwing the ones I hadn't got to yet out of the box like they were balls..... he had a blast... but it was hard for me to get anything done! =) The kids and I also had fun making Turkey Cookies out of oreos and candy cornThanksgiving Day was fun hanging out with family and having the Best Meal Ever!!! I love being with my family. It's always a lot of fun! I'm so thankful for all of them!!Alley was playing Soccer with the "big" kids! The kids had so much fun playing with cousins, as always. It was rainy all day and they played and played and played outside...they got soakin' wet! But, they had soooo much fun!
The rest of the weekend was a lot of fun too! Artie got up at 2 am on Black Friday to go to St. George with his brothers....I think it's becoming a tradition that he and his brothers go up waaaaayyyyy early. Rocki and I and the kids then met all of them in St. George at the Mall around 8:30 am and did a little shopping with Artie's Family. That's also becoming a tradition. We all shop with his Parents every year and they buy us stuff..... yeah =) So Nice!! Later that day we went back over to my parents house and had leftovers....(Thanksgiving dinner all over again =) Saturday we put up Christmas Stuff... and Went to Dinner at Wolf Creek with my side of the Family (Adults only)! We had a great Thanksgiving and a fun weekend! Now, I can't believe it's almost Christmas! I love being surrounded by family. We are so lucky and grateful. Our kids love playing with cousins and I'm glad they can be near all of their Grandparents and even their Great Grand parents.

1 comments:

Gina and John Zarate Family said...

Angela I love how you change your blog to fit the season! I love your family pictures!! Who did them for you? I am excited about your new calling! When they told me they were thinking of calling you to that position I knew you would do a fabulous job. It sounds like you had a great holiday! I need to do better about journaling in my blog. Well sorry to ramble. Just wated to say hi!

Our Visitors

Live Traffic Feed