Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's Important.....

There are sometimes things that happen that make a person get a whole new perspective on life. It's sad that sometimes terrible situations make that happen! But, actually since the new year started I have really been thinking how I want to become a better wife and mother and focus on that...the things that truly matter. The situations that have recently happened have got me thinking even more seriously about that. I don't want my life to pass me by and think..."oh, I wish I would have done that with my kids." "I wish I would've just sat and enjoyed my kids more....just played with them and not worried about what I had to do that day." Sometimes things do need to be done in order to take care of the home and family. I believe that motherhood is truly the calling I am here to do on earth. I want to do it the best that I can. Just before the new year I was called as Primary Music Leader in my ward. And just last week I was also called as Enrichment Leader for Relief Society. I also am the choir pianist when that is needed. It seems a little overwhelming, but these are all things that mix quite well with me and If you don't know me already....it seems I do work best when I'm doing a million things at once! =) Since I do need to help out our household with a "real" job. I also am embarking on an exciting extension of my teaching music/piano with the "Let's play Music" program I will begin next September. I think this will also be great for me because it will help to get the most out of my time because I will be able to teach a group of children at once and also get my own children involved. I have recently been thinking a lot about the short book, "The Parable of the Princesses." By Jenny Phillips. It is so Symbolic about life and really makes you realize what you should be doing with your time and the things that are truly important. For me, I need to be careful not to take on too many things, things that aren't really that important. After this play =) I am involved in coming up in March, I want to focus all my time on my true "callings" at home and church. Of course I will do crafty things and creative things...that's just me, and that sometimes gives me "me" time! The key is to not let it get mixed up with family time! I don't know why I felt the need to write all this down. I guess this is kinda like my Resolutions for the year, although it's a little bit late. But, I guess my focus....my theme for this year is to Fulfill my Callings: At Home and Church, and to remember what's truly important!!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

I think that is something that all of us need to work on! I am glad you wrote it:)

LeeCrew said...

Isn't that the truth! Thats something I need alot of help with. Your words are truly inspiring :)

Amy said...

I am glad that you wrote those things down. My goal has also been to take time to more full enjoy the little things with my kids.

Linge Crew said...

Thats great Angela!! I'm so glad your enrichment leader now I know you'll do some fun things:) I want to put Hannah in that piano thing your doing it sound like fun.

Nate and Britney said...

I think that you hit it right on the head!! I couldn't agree with you more. What a great New Year's Resolution!! I need to work on this... thinks for the inspiration!

Amy said...

That is a lot of things to have going on at once! I love that you are going to do the play. Too bad we can't come see you! Good luck with that and everything else you have. You're such a talented person Ang! Thanks for the reminder to keep my focus on the most meaningful things. You're great!

Our Visitors

Live Traffic Feed