Friday, July 16, 2010

Our Health is what We've Got!

I so love learning about Health, Nutrition, Exercise...I'm addicted to learning different exercises and learning different diet plans and how it works, etc.  I guess it's sorta a passion of mine and if I ever get my bachelors it will go along those lines just because that is what I like to learn!

But, we were sent to earth to receive a body.  We are suppose to take care of it, to allow it to function properly!  How do we take care of it?  Why do we worry so much about weight instead of actually worrying about our Health. Our health is what we’ve got. But, I think our society is so worried about “looks” more than being Healthy. Don’t you think? I do it to….”I’ll just look better and feel better in my clothes, in a swimsuit if I could lose 10 more lbs and be toned.” Of course that’s so nice, but what’s really going on inside our bodies, why do I feel so tired and sluggish, no enery..etc, when we eat that buttery popcorn or sugary goodness?? It’s our bodies telling us that it’s NOT HELPING THE SITUATION! It is hurting our health. I wanna have clear beautiful skin, keep my organs working properly and healthy for most of my life, not get sick often, I wanna stay young and active, etc, etc,. The food we eat and how we take care of our bodies determines that! Of couse, deep down we know that….but do we really think about it when we are eating that bag of chips, piece of cake, the pop, the…whatever it is. Fruits, veggies, fresh foods, good protein, good oils, complex carbs…water…that’s what we need, that is our bodies good fuel, what keeps it running and not shutting down. I think most people eat the stuff that very slowly shut our bodies down…. Of couse once in a while you’ve got to have that b-day cake or piece of chocolate, chips, icecream….but are you doing that mostly or the fruits and veggies mostly??? I'm definitely not doing the best I can.  I don't do horrible, but I have my moments.

This is my new motivation, I wanna live a long, happy, healthy, active life. I don’t want to worry about my bad health as the years go by, why I have no energy, why my blood sugar drops so fast because of what I ate an hour ago and now I can't function for the rest of the day….

That is my new motivation of WHY I want to eat healthy and my goal to work toward; eating better for my health, not just because it helps me lose weight, but because its what my body needs and what will keep me ALIVE & Around for my children and active AND feeling good!  I'm not perfect, I will not, never have icecream or a popcicle on a blazing hot day, but I WILL do my best 80 or 90% of the time.  I wanna teach my kids healthy eating & hopefully I can get my HUSBAND somewhat in on it too…that is the challenge!! hehe =) That is my speech for the day! LOL

2 comments:

Kerri Marie said...

I was just wondering if you and your family were coming to the reunion next weekend?

Shemri and Gang said...

This is so what I needed to read today. I have been on a binge all summer and been down about the 10lbs I have gained. But more than that I just don't feel good and I am with you, my motivation needs to be health. So thanks for posting this!

Our Visitors

Live Traffic Feed